# October 10th 2017 meeting
Attending : Loïc Charles, Guillaume Daudin, Béatrice Dedinger, Pierre Gervais, Paul Girard, Guillaume Plique
# Plique & Gervais
They present their preliminary results. We debate them.
We discuss the first mock-up presented by Matlo. We are not very happy about them, and gather a number of suggestions.
We discuss how to go forward with them.
Paul is spending a lot of time and effort with them.
# New features
– We discuss a way to see the proportion of flows expressed in kg, liters, etc. in the Indicators view. Most people find it too difficult to explain.
– We discuss different sorting rules for the Metadata view : Mean % when present, total %, nbr of flows, nbr of year, alphabetical. Most believe we should implement them and offer the choice of which one to use.
– We should probably exclude from the datascape data before 1710 or after 1824
A very new version of Ricardo has been published. We discuss the unification of source names.
– We have issues with exporting the files out of the livedrive
– We are still in discussion with Florence to get her to go and gather new sources
– We are not hearing anything from the SciencesPo library.
# Next meeting
November 14th at the Médialab, 13 Rue de l’Université
# September 12th 2017 meeting
Attending : Loïc Charles, Guillaume Daudin, Béatrice Dedinger, Paul Girard, Guillaume Plique
We are finishing the administrative papers.
# Guillaume Plique
Guillaume presented his work on the datascape. E.g. :
– Quantities are integrated in « indicators »
– One can know follow the evolution of the content of a classification (there is a discussion of the usefulness of that feature)
– The glossary has been integrated
– One can now filter networks by daughter classification
We discuss on the priority for the end of Guillaume’s work : permalinks or exports. We decide permalink are more important.
We have not heard from the SciencesPo library since July. We will recontact them.
# Checking retranscription
We are missing 1789 La Rochelle I & X
We are waiting for the Échelles du Levant
– Bibliothèque de l’Institut : we already had the data to be found there, but we know have better pictures.
– Narbonne: we have not managed to secure the pictures yet. We will ask Florence if she can do it with INED.
– The data from Elizabeth Cross is interesting, but not easy to integrate in the database.
– We might need to check in Dermigny / Haudrère / Weber for data on trade by the East Indies Company.
– We decide on including a one hour « hands on » session with Matlo. It will last an hour.
The latest version has new data.
Matlo will re-do the homepage and more documentation, allowing downloading of exchange rates and entity database
The Ricardo project will open a Github depository and an « hypothèses » blog.
# Next meetings
10/10 9.30 am
14/11 9.30 am
19/12 5pm closing meeting
19/12 8pm Closing dinner